- Interior Fit-outs & Marine Joinery
- Fabrication Services
- Sheet Metal
- Thermal Insulation Blankets
- Industrial Insulation
- Electrical Services
Interior Fit-outs & Marine Joinery
Designers and builders of interior furnishing fit outs for the Marine Industry
L2S Engineering specialises in the design and builds of interiors and the fitting out of vessels for the defence and commercial marine industries.L2S Engineering keeps boat owners and builders happy from start to finish with sensible design thinking and cost effective methodology.
Who we are
We work with a unique team of craftsmen and tradesmen who are capable of designing and producing some of the finest quality interiors seen today; they have the necessary skills to fulfil the most demanding contracts. With our commitment to quality and reliability, our reputation as one of the leading boat interior specialists improves with time.
Our traditional timber interiors are designed and constructed at our Naval Base premises, where we manufacture fine furnishings for both defence and commercial vessels.
What we do
We design and build all manner of marine joinery to the most exacting standards, combining the best of traditional and modern practices. Our contracts include full interiors, partial fit-outs and refits for some of the finest quality interiors. Every interaction with our customer, our people, and suppliers is conducted with respect. We are passionate about what we do and how we do it.
How we do it
Prefabrication methods enable us to pre-make anything from complete cabins to pre made jarrah furnishings regardless of design, size or complexity. Our factory floor system maximises quality control and reduces manufacturing time; resulting in cost benefits to our customers.
We specialise in traditional timber interiors, including the manufacture and installation of complete cabins, pre-made Jarrah furnishings or individual pieces:
- All major shipwright work
- All fit outs, refits and restoration
- Jarrah interiors and furniture
- Insurance work
L2S Engineering specialise in the provision of custom metal fabrication services to the defence and commercial marine industries, and work with customers to deliver the best project outcomes using our expansive product knowledge and service capabilities. As a result, L2S Engineering extends the service life of critical assets in the marine industry, and combine our extensive industry knowledge base with innovative services to deliver customised support packages with guaranteed results.
Our flexible and multi skilled workforce are highly experienced and familiar with rapid mobilisation and working to critical deadlines, and provide:
- General aluminium and stainless steel welding and fabrication
- Onsite pin, spot and stud welding of mild steel, aluminium and stainless steel
- Cutting, shearing, drilling and bending operations
In addition to General, Aluminium and Stainless Steel welding and fabrication services, we manufacture a range of products including but not limited to:
- Stainless Steel benches, galley and domestic equipment
- Sound Proof Compartments
- Aluminium, Mild and Stainless Steel pipes, spools and associated equipment
- Custom designed and modified sea containers
- Custom designed benches and equipment
- Flange Guards
L2S Engineering specialise in the supply of quality sheet metal components to key organisations in the defence and commercial marine industries. We work with customers to deliver the best project outcomes using our expansive product knowledge and service capability.
Our dedicated personnel bring experience and technical capability that enable us to work closely, and provide specialty services to the marine industry. By sourcing both domestically and internationally, L2S Engineering industrial sheet metal solutions is experienced in manufacturing and supplying the most suitable products for your next project.
We pride ourselves on the service we provide and, service that you would expect from a trusted name in sheet metal; certainty, flexibility and expertise. By combining superior products with an eye for detail our highly skilled and capable staff are able to provide efficiency, precision and a reliable service.
Our facilities are equipped with an array of modern equipment for the purpose of ensuring fast and flexible response to meet customer needs.
We specialise in all general sheet metal work, including manufacture and installation of aluminium, mild steel, galvanised or stainless steel:
- Insulation, exhaust and general pipe work cladding
- Air and ventilation ducting
- Dust extraction ducting and pipe work
- Miscellaneous pipe work
- Electronic equipment cabinets, cases and modules
- Bulkhead and deck head false sheeting
Thermal Insulation Blankets
L2S Engineering thermal Insulation blankets are custom made to fit the job required. We are the leaders in marine insulation products, able to assist you with your particular specifications on a range of applications. Our team of industry professionals are there from the start to finish, measuring, manufacturing and fitting so that you get the very best performance.
Manufacturing insulation blankets to exact specification not only gives the most effective heat retention, but also increases the life of the blanket while looking smarter in application.
We have access to a wide range of stock, which provides you assurance that L2S Engineering will meet your plant and equipment specifications, whilst offering affordable and effective ways to keep your personnel safe from the risk of burns and engine fires.
All Thermal Insulation Blankets are made right here in WA. Applications include:
- Exhaust Systems
- Exhaust lagging, turbocharger covers & insulation blankets for heat minimization
- Exhaust systems on all surface mining equipment including Trucks, Loaders & Drill Rigs
- Lightweight covers to suit Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit & Komatsu engine
- Expansion Joints
- Flexible Connections
- Heat Shields
Diesel, Gas, & Steam Powered Engines
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Exhaust Piping
- Purifier Systems
- Silencer Systems
L2S Engineering offer a range of specially designed insulation products for use in industrial process applications. These are products which have been specifically designed for medium to high temperature applications where personnel protection, reduced energy loss and noise dampening are required. Applications typically include insulation for process vessels, tanks and piping.
Typical products utilised by L2S Engineering
Fibermesh 350, 450, 650 and 820 are a general purpose industrial insulation for use on process equipment, vessels, tanks and reactors. It is a light duty thermal and acoustic insulation suitable for continuous operation. It has a stitched stainless steel mesh that allows it to fit to irregular shaped surfaces.
Features and Benefits of Fibermesh
- Lightweight highly durable insulation product
- Easily forms and holds shape of equipment to be insulated
- Excellent and cost effective thermal insulation
- Performance is not adversely effected from contact with water
- Non Combustible
- Low chloride content, less corrosion of insulated steel process equipment
Fibertex 350, 450, 650 and 820 are a lightweight medium density flexi skin, foil faced rockwool insulation product with excellent insulation and fire resistance properties. It is manufactured by spinning a molten mixture of natural rock and recycled products into fine wool like fibres which are bonded together using a thermosetting resin. The product can be identified by its light brown appearance.
Industrial Board and Blanket
Industrial Glasswool board and blanket has many applications as a general insulation product to enhance both thermal and acoustic performance
We recommend, provide and install insulation products to many systems and equipment, including but not limited to:
- Gas, Steam and Diesel Engine power generation systems
- Condensate and Exhaust System
- Bulkheads and deck heads
- Acoustic and Sound Proof installations
- Compression Systems
- Flange Guarding
- False Deck Head and Ceiling Insulation
- General plumbing and ductwork insulation
- Extreme hot and cold temperature systems
- Miscellaneous piping and equipment insulation
We also have the capability to supply manufacture and fit:
- Pipe covering boards
- Insulation blankets
- Mylar, Kapton, Tedlar and aluminium facings and jackets
- Silicone, barium sulphate and lead loaded fire safe acoustic barriers
All products incorporate the latest adhesive and bonding technology
- Block sheet and tank wrap
- Halogen-free products
- Polyimide foam, fibreglass, mineral wool, Cal-Sil, rubber and melamine insulation
L2S Engineering have comprehensive personnel, equipment and systems to embark on your electrical, communications, instrumentation and control installations.
The experience within our team can provide turnkey solutions for your project.
Areas of Expertise Include
- Electrical, communications, instrumentation and control installations
- Hazardous area installations, repairs, inspections, testing and reporting
- Power distribution
- Industrial lighting and power
- Fuel management systems
- Project management and supervision